Well today the girls and I ran the Love on the Run fun run for the chamber of commerce to help raise money for the 4th of July Fireworks over Clear Lake. Walt was the pace biker for the 5k race, then my cheering squad...and boy did i need it! PHEW!
The morning started off slow, especially for Bella, who woke up and said "I don't want to run the big race." Well she obviously was not awake yet. We got to the University and by the time was getting closer Bella was raring and ready to go, she was now running the big race as long as I ran with her and held her hand the whole way.
So I did, I ran the kids k with her holding her hand and calming her down when she started crying because she was last and all the other kids were passing her. But then Forest Bell and high school track star and the pace runner for the kids came back and started motivating her and cheering her on and she had a great strong finish...dead last! But she LOVED it and LOVED having Forest run with her.
Juliana ran with her BFF Sloan and they took off fast and overdid it. Juliana ended up walking to the finish line from about halfway through the race, she was a little upset with her performance but then she got past it and I told her I needed to teach the girls how to pace themselves and not take off real fast at first like they did...the donuts they ate before hand probably didn't help either. Oh well, Sloan still placed 3rd in their age group, so that was good.
Then came the REALLY BIG RACE, my turn to run the 5k race. I did okay and had to walk quite a bit of it, but I finished and finished by running over the finish line, but man was i pooped! PHEW! My time was 40:35:53, a lot slower than last years time, but considering i had already run warm-up and the kids k and that i finished i wasn't too heartbroken, i'll break that time one day. LOL!
Walt rode his bike at the lead of the 5k to pace the runners and make sure the lead runners knew where to go. Bella rode in the buggie behind his bike. When the lead runners made it over the finish line they came and found me and cheered me on to the finish line.
All in all it was a fun Ugalde family morning. We got home and I showered, went to HEB and then came home and crashed on the couch with a nap...I think i even snored and drooled...EUW!
Till next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment