Tuesday, August 24, 2010

First day of School 2010

Well yesterday was the first day of school for our school district, and I have bittersweet feelings about it too.

Juliana is now 11 and started the 6th grade today at Clear Lake Intermediate School. Between remembering where 8 classes are, a locker combination and dealing with the 7th and 8th graders, it's going to be a challenge, but a challenge, Juliana seems up to tackling. She is also in band for the first time and going to try and play the Clarinet. That will make it fun also. Her afternoon report at the end of the day was "the lunch line was really long and I ate what I think was Chicken Fried steak, everyone said it was Chicken Fried Steak so i ate it...it was good." She also reported that they have a slushy machine and a pretzel cart. Oh it's the little things that brighten our days. LOL!

Bella is now 5 and started Kindergarten at Clear Lake Elementary School. She walked right into her classroom and waved at everyone as if to say "Hello kindergarten, I have arrived." She was thrown off at first by her name on her cubbie and name tag being Isabella, that threw her off for a minute. The teacher reassured her she would change it to Bella. She posed for the camera one last time and then we were on our way. Bella's end of day report was that she got a green for conduct and she got TWO stickers and most people only got 1. She said that getting 2 stickers meant that she got the bestest behavior ever. She was very proud of herself, as she should be.

I am very proud of our girls, I think we've done a pretty good job with them and will continue to do so. It hasn't been easy and the bumpy roads are still ahead, especially with Juliana and the onset of hormones, attitude, boys and just life kicking her in the butt, but hopefully with a little prayer, we will survive this also.

As I am very proud of them, it was a bitter sweet day for me, no more babies, they are all grown up and blossoming into 2 beautiful young ladies and it's somewhat sad for me as a mom. No more holding them in my lap and babying them like I use to. They will now start to spread their wings and pull away from the nest and start to be more independent and do more on their own insisting "I can do it, mom, I don't need help." Then I'll just be there to pick them up if/when they fall. I guess I am also moving to the next chapter of my life/job as mom.

It's going to be a transition for us all, god speed Ugalde Family! LOL!

Enjoy the slideshow below of the first day of school:




No comments: