Friday, July 30, 2010

My Aunt

My aunt passed away back on July 7, 2010 after a long battle with cancer. She will truly be missed. This weekend, July 31, 2010 was her memorial mass in Cecilia Louisiana, it was a nice service and I am glad we all got the chance to be there for that. However for me, this has been a difficult thing to digest, I'm still struggling. I guess what keeps me going are the memories and fun times from when i was a kid and spending my summers in Louisiana at my grandparents camp with my family and my aunt and her family, it was a blast. The memories of that family time will hold close to my heart forever. It's a reminder to me that life is short so make the best of every day and don't sweat the small stuff...ENJOY LIFE! My aunt was full of life and enjoyed life and the simple things in life, she would want everyone to do the same.

I know she is watching down on us and telling us to Dance (she loved dancing) and enjoy life and live it to the fullest and LOVE your family. Anyhow I love you Auntie and will miss you greatly! Rest in Peace!

Several people have asked me about sending flowers or giving something. My Uncle has stated that my Aunt would have said "please only send me flowers when I'm alive so I can enjoy them." My Uncle has asked those who want to do something to just make a donation to the Cancer foundation.

I found a place to make a donation to and you can make it in her name, here is the link to the National Breast Cancer Foundation donation page: https://www.nationalbreastcancer.org/Donate/


You can make the donation in the honor of Lorette Hitt, here is a picture of her from my sister's wedding in 2006:


If you would like to have a letter send to my uncle regarding the donation made, you can send it to the following:

Hugh Hitt, Jr.

PO Box 644
Henderson, La. 70517

OR, you can have the letter sent to my mom, Loretta's sister to the following:

Chip Hardwick
4511 Cedar Ridge Trail
Houston, Texas 77059

I know they would both greatly appreciate it.

No comments: