Yes that's right! I ran my first 10 Miler run today, 10/14/12. It was tough, but I finished and i have the medal to prove it.
When I got to mile 6 my legs got heavy and i got tired, my breakfast started wearing off and I was pooped, but i trudged on and continued with my powerade and water and stopped at all the water stations the rest of the way to refuel and I made it!
The fan support from my fellow Bay Are Fitters as well as my Juliana, Sloan, Lauren and Thomas was amazing and helped me keep going! Thanks to my cheerleaders for the day!
Here is the medal, isn't it pretty?
Next Saturday 10/20/12, I am running the next bridge series 10k and working for this medal. That bottom part of the medal is a bottle opener, guess what I'll be wearing to parties from now on? LOL!:


No comments:
Post a Comment