Wednesday, December 5, 2012

13.1 DONE!

Well I did it!  This past Sunday, 12/2/12, i finished my first half marathon.  It was an awesome feeling to cross that finish line.  I tried not to think about it and let it overwhelm me, but I have to say it was VERY emotional to cross the finish line and receive my medals.  I did it!  I RAN/WALKED a freakin' Half marathon.  Sheesh!  It's still kind of surreal in my mind but when i look at the medals and think about it, I am VERY proud of myself and think i want to do it again next year.

Here is a picture of all 4 medals i earned this year for completing the Texas Bridge Series, they are so pretty (and heavy):


The bridge series started with the Kemah Bridge 10k, up and over 4 times, PHEW!  Second was the Galveston Toughest 10k up and over the Galveston Causeway and ended with the LaPorte By the Bay Half Marathon, 13.1 miles with the Fred Hartman Bridge Included in that mileage.

When i got home and finished the half i posted my dedication of these runs on my Facebook page, here it is again:
Well here they are! I finished the half marathon today, it was hard but I did it! This run completed the Texas bridge series of runs, 2 10k's and a half marathon.

I dedicate this series of runs to two very special people. First, my husb
and because without his support i couldnt have done the training and done the runs. Secondly i dedicate these races to my friend Gail Boyes, she encouraged me to join Bay Area Fit and constantly kept telling me I could do it...even on days she couldnt do much. Thanks you Walt and Gail, i love you both.

Also thanks to my family and friends for your awesome support and for cheering me on and putting up with my running posts on FB.
I also ordered a 13.1 bling shirt from a friend of mine who makes them as a business, Nicky Harrington Breaux who owns and operates Bling it Up! Rhinestone Accents made this shirt for me (not a great shot of me, it's hard to take a good picture of yourself with your phone):


Well that's my report for today.  Next is the Santa Hustle 5k run on 12/23/12.  that is a run purely for fun.  I'll post an update and pictures from that fun event.

Thanks everyone for your love and support during this half marathon/marathon training season.  It was a blast!

No comments: